The Inquisition
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After the 28th - some thoughts after reading forum

4 posters

Go down

After the 28th - some thoughts after reading forum Empty After the 28th - some thoughts after reading forum

Post  irdoz Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:26 am

I've been reading on the realm forum about guilds in H20+ under attack from guilds in lower galaxies.

While it might be some time before they arrive in H40 I thought I'd share some themes about what went right and wrong for these guilds.

1. The higher level guilds only went for those players whose eco was too high for their defense level. (Of note - we still have a lot of eco >90 without photons let alone disruptors)
2. The H20 guilds had to kick a lot of these 'farms'
3. One guild tried to have a blob - they lost 1.5 million fleet. The other guild moved all their mobile fleets to another galaxy when the attack was coming. The combined power of our fleet is not much more than the fleet of the top player. The guild that relocated their mobile fleets had scanners in every region and had 20 hrs warning. The guild that lost most of their mobile fleets was caught almost unaware. (Of note 'Chaz' from I-D probably only joined to get the location of our jump gate - I-D are affiliated with TBC)
4. One guild deliberately put fighter clouds and CC on a number of bases in the hope that it would mean they would have to go back and refill. They claim to have had some success with this in slowing down the attack.
5. As policy one guild reduced all their ecos to <80 when the attack was coming and did not go over 80 until they had disruptors. This guild has survived - the other guild that tried to protect profitable planets looks like folding.

irdoz

Back to top Go down

After the 28th - some thoughts after reading forum Empty Re: After the 28th - some thoughts after reading forum

Post  Earthsick Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:27 pm

I suggest everyone in the guild read the above post very carefully and take it to heart.

Earthsick

Back to top Go down

After the 28th - some thoughts after reading forum Empty Re: After the 28th - some thoughts after reading forum

Post  Justicar CoolDeath Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:24 pm

I agree, everybody should have 10 photons and hopfully Distruptor turrets. Also everybody should make fighter clouds because it will force the enemy to go re fill there fleet

Justicar CoolDeath

Back to top Go down

After the 28th - some thoughts after reading forum Empty Profitable?

Post  Berzerk Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:35 pm

The important question is: Are you profitable? It's very easy to ignore defense when you're not facing much of a threat. Don't. Stick to guidelines and keep defense in line with eco and most of you will be fine. Being attacked is actually quite fun when you know the attacker is losing.

Any ideas on how to safely bring fleet and outposts from lower galaxies?

Berzerk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down