The Inquisition
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

survival in 41 if -re- come knocking

Go down

survival in 41 if -re- come knocking Empty survival in 41 if -re- come knocking

Post  irdoz Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:55 am

Based on my experiences in h40 watching -re- go touring here's my observations...

1. The active players need to work together - if you're not very active while it's going on then you need to play hide and seek instead.

2. They have a number of different fleet specs...
frigate (pretty devastating)
hc - will make complete mincemeat of fighter cloud defenses (dont have them)
cruiser/fighter spam
dn stack
mixed

The most devastating is the dn stack at this point because he just repairs it for no loss - your first order of the day is to get at least two active people with >100hcs and spec in plasma.

3. defensive strategies - if you have 10/10 dts and 80 or less eco you will usually be left alone - but with less than that even marginally unprofitable bases will be hit
you must NOT under any circumstances park fleet on JGs
they use scout scripts - theyll find them

4. offensive strategies
keep killing scouts and other eyes - they cant rebuild them
you must anticipate - for example lets say theres a profitable base you think they are going to hit then this is how you might do it...
firstly observer their scouts - they are the first sign something is coming
have the active players park their fleets just outside the zone
the person/people with bases in the zone need to be active and keep refreshing their scanner
as soon as you have a lz confirmed then;
i) kill their eyes
ii) park a corvette in every star system in the region - they will spam scouts ahead of arrival - scan constantly for them and kill them
iii) send all fleets to a base near the lz - Ive used a steel base
iv) one of their weaknesses is they land with rc's - drop a lot of fighters on the lz
it really takes activity and coordination to do this - even if you cant be active all the time try and organsie a day/time when 5-6 of you will try to be active for 4-6 hrs.

They won't be sending more fleet here so the sooner their scouts and rc's are killed the sooner they go home.

irdoz

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum